Lead Data Scientist - Telematics
Chicago - northern suburbs, IL
The insurance industry has jumped into the world of Data Science with both feet, and our client, a leader in the space, is looking for a Data Science Leader in the Chicago area to tackle the messy problem of smart-phone telematics.
We're looking for a highly-technical Data Scientist who has experience specifically working with the confounding streams of data that our phones constantly produce through GPS, accelerometers, gyroscopes, and other sensors.
This role will oversee a small team and act as a subject matter expert to various resources from machine learning engineers to mobile developers.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, computer science, finance, etc.
- Significant experience leveraging sensor data from cars and mobile phones (accelerometer, gyroscope, etc.)
- Experience with a range of tools such as Python, R, and Hadoop for both wrangling difficult data streams and running advanced analytics
- A strong background in using statistics and machine learning techniques to build business-critical predictive models
- Leadership experience - a track record of successfully managing large projects and solutions; people management preferred
- Insurance industry experience is a plus
Salary for this role varies based on prior experience, up to $150K + bonus . Unfortunately, visa sponsorship and transfers are not available - US Citizens and Green Card holders only.