Global Consumer Insights Senior Manager
Bay Area, CA
Our client, a well-known computer and technology company in the East Bay Area (outside San Francisco) is seeking to add a strong research leader to their growing team in a Global Consumer Insights Senior Manager role.
This position will be working with an entertainment-focused business unit within the company and will work on a wide range of custom global insights and innovation projects. This role will be highly strategic, though strong candidates must be comfortable rolling up their sleeves and running initiatives hands-on from start to finish. This is a great opportunity to join a successful tech company with a growing global research team in a high-impact position.
Qualified candidates should have:
- Manager: 12+ years’ experience in primary custom research with a deep insights toolkit / prior corporate experience required
- Hands-on experience across an array of custom primary research methodologies – proficient in both quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to run a full range of quantitative projects in (e.g., innovation, A&Us, concept testing, discreet choice, pricing elasticity, etc.) and be able to oversee 3rd party vendors
- Moderating/facilitating experience a plus (focus groups, IDIs, ethnography, shopalongs/mystery shopper, user experience, co-creation sessions)
- Variety of industry experience, including CPG and consumer goods welcomed, prior tech experience not required
- Must be a strategic thinker with a knack for creative problem solving, coming up with new methodologies, and extracting actionable implications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to partner closely with key internal stakeholders
- Experience with innovation and new product development research required; experience working with R&D teams preferred
- A 4-year college degree; graduate or advanced degree preferred
- Passion for technology and/music required
This role is located in the East Bay Area, CA. Salary is commensurate with experience and relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.