Director of Consumer Insights & Market Research
Greater Charlotte Area, NC
Our client, a well-known global consumer goods company, is seeking a classically-trained researcher for a Director of Consumer Insights & Market Research role in the greater Charlotte area.
This position will work to shape business strategy and partner cross-functionally to promote strategic research insights and innovation efforts. This is a rare opportunity for a senior-level research leader to join a successful, growing consumer goods company.
Candidates must have:
- 12+ years of client-side experience within primary custom research working for a blue-chip CPG manufacturer
- Previously held a corporate-level Director position within Research and Insights
- Expertise in myriad of quantitative and qualitative methodologies (i.e. product and concept testing, innovation, segmentation, A&Us, etc.) with a thorough understanding of how and when to apply these methods
- Deep experience with innovation, brand development and new product development research
- Proven experience managing and directing junior staff as this position will oversee direct reports
- Ability to lead and oversee global research initiatives
- Ability to distill a variety of complex insights into compelling stories, strategies, and actionable recommendations
- Excellent communication skills are essential for building relationships across all levels of the organization
- Experience managing third party vendor and agency relationships
- Experience with secondary research techniques, syndicated data and a working knowledge of business analytics (e.g., marketing mix, pricing analytics)
The role will ideally be based out of their office in the greater Charlotte area and salary is commensurate with experience.