Director, Analytics and Market Research
New York, NY
We’re working with a boutique marketing insights and research firm that is searching for a Director to join its growing quantitative team in New York City. Located in the highly coveted TriBeCa neighborhood, the company provides innovative custom marketing solutions to a variety of well-known clients across industries. Their advanced research and predictive intelligence methods have enabled clients to understand consumers, grow brands, increase customer spend and optimize marketing efforts. This is an impactful role with an exciting company that is perfect for an entrepreneurial, analytically-oriented professional with solid experience in market research methodologies.
The Director will be responsible for leading end to end research projects. This will include doing the hands-on statistical work (mining and analyzing data, doing statistical analysis, creating segmentations, designing questionnaires and surveys) in addition to translating results into strategic recommendations for clients. Ideal candidates will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, a creative mindset, strong communication skills, and a passion for decoding customer behavior.
- Knowledge of market research methodologies
- 5-10 years of experience at an analytics firm or quantitative market research capacity (supplier or client side)
- Hands-on experience with statistical techniques and methodologies such as regression analysis, decision trees, etc.
- Proficiency in statistical tools such as R, SPSS, or SAS
- Collaborative worker able to manage multiple projects
- Experience uncovering relationships between consumer behavior and survey data using statistics
- Ability to translate data insights into marketing recommendations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, along with the ability to effectively communicate results to clients
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package in addition to highly collaborative, energetic, employee- oriented atmosphere. Salary ranges based on experience, up to 130K base.
Keywords: custom research, survey statistics, data mining, statistical modeling, data modeling, factor analysis, cluster analysis, regression analysis, compatibility analysis, significance testing, decision trees, segmentation, market research, brand positioning study, SPSS, SAS, Statistica, R, consumer behavior, survey design, data visualization, random forest , conjoint analysis, discrete choice analysis, latent class analysis, neural networks, statistics, mathematics, psychology, research methodologies, segmentation studies, creative testing, brand tracking studies, K means clustering, KANO analysis, structural equation modeling, correspondence analysis, consumer science