Director, Ad Sales Research
New York, NY
Our client, a well-known blue-chip media company is seeking to add a strong Director of Ad Sales Research to their team. This is a unique opportunity to play a leadership role on the Ad Sales Research team, contribute strategically as a thought-leader in the areas of media measurement and ad effectiveness, and also lead a variety of ad-hoc primary research initiatives to guide the business.
Candidates must be data- and media-savvy, have experience in TV and digital ad effectiveness research, and be comfortable with a variety of custom quantitative and qualitative research methodologies. Must be highly technical and a strategic thinker, as well as a great communicator to deliver clear, constant, and proactive communication with key stakeholders and internal teams.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-paced environment within a media powerhouse, and to be an integral part of many different decisions being made across the organization.
- 9+ years’ hands-on experience within media and research, insights, or measurement is required - ideal candidates will come from a network or advertising agency
- Expertise in advertising sales research
- Thought leadership experience in the area of media measurement and measurement tools – thorough grasp of a variety of existing and emerging broadcast, digital, and out of home vendor measurement tools
- Experience in a wide swatch of primary custom quant and qual methodologies
- Ability to thrive under pressure, meet deadlines, and collaborate well with internal teams, especially with the Ad Sales team
- Experience managing direct reports as this person will oversee a small team
- Must have a passion for current events, news, and what’s going on around the globe
- Great communication, presenter and storyteller
- Must have advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with Pivot Tables, Macros, Tableau/data visualization preferred
This role is located in New York, NY and salary is commensurate with experience.