Data Science Manager - Wayfair
The Data Science group at Wayfair solves some of the most analytically challenging problems facing a rapidly growing Internet leader with millions of customers and complex business operations. The mission of the Data Science team is to unlock deep learning from data in order to help guide the business – everything from tactical optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of statistics, technology, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in our data sets.
This particular role will focus on deep diving into a broad variety of exploratory initiatives around customer targeting. It will require a substantial amount of investigatory analysis to scope out new projects, as well as developing the strategy and algorithmic frameworks behind executing on these projects. It will involve wrangling large amounts of data to figure out creative ways to take our customer targeting capabilities to the next level.
- Serving as a consultative partner to the marketing team to understand needs and conduct analyses that will help determine targeting strategy
- Wrangling data from multiple sources including sales, customer, and clickstream databases to create integrated views that can be used to influence business decisions
- Working with large, complex databases
- Understanding and applying data mining techniques to generate deep insight and discover effective solutions to challenging problems
- Delivering presentations to high level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics or other quantitative field
- 5-10 years of experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment
- Experience with Python, SQL, etc. (advanced programming languages)
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source making modern design more accessible
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.
Location: Boston, MA
Categories: Analytics - Business Intelligence/Data Science
Apply here: http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/wayfair/job/oG5i5fwS/apply?__jvst=Career%20Site