Consumer Insights Manager
Are you a strong consumer insights professional who’s also an independent self-starter? Our client, a well-known global player in the restaurant space, is seeking a Consumer Insights Manager to join their dynamic research team. This is a unique opportunity to take on ownership of all initiatives covering a specific consumer segment central to the company’s core business.
Qualified candidates will have between 8+ years of custom marketing research experience, including client-side experience within the restaurant, QSR, or retail industries. This role reports directly into the Senior Director of Consumer Insights and will be hands-on across a broad mix of primary custom research methodologies.
This position is located in the Chicago area and salary is commensurate with experience.
- Lead a wide array of custom research projects spanning a range of different quantitative and qualitative methodologies (e.g., awareness & usage, message and concept testing, segmentation, new product development, etc.)
- Successfully execute research plans from start to finish including managing the RFP process, partnering with vendors to conduct primary research, analysis, reporting, and presenting out to key stakeholders
- Keep up with insights trends to expand toolkit and incorporate new and innovative methodologies
- Partner with global counterparts to ensure the voice of the customer is embedded into strategic business decisions
- Manage external research vendors
- 8+ years of hands-on custom research experience using a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Client-side experience within the restaurant, QSR, or retail industries
- Some global research experience preferred; experience with kids, parent/gatekeeper, or family research a plus)
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously with little oversight, yet able to partner with team members across the globe
- Strong communication skills essential, both written and verbal
- Innate ability to tell a story, uncover insights that lead to action, and present to a mix of cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, Business, or related field