Category Management Analyst
A food manufacturing firm in the Dallas area is seeking a Category Management Analyst to add to their growing team. Qualified candidates should have 5+ years of marketing research experience in syndicated research and be well-versed in Nielsen and/or IRI POS and panel data.
This person will be responsible for helping to create best practices for retail customers. This role will keep a pulse on trends in the industry and using this information combined with internal data to help create national sell stories for many of the company’s top accounts. Candidates should take a consultative approach to research, with a keen ability to clearly explain the “whys” behind the data.
- 5+ years of syndicated research experience in a client-side CPG organization OR a supplier-side organization focusing on CPG clients
- Strong communication skills are essential for interfacing with retail clients and key stakeholders internally to guide decisions surrounding pricing, promotion, assortment and space management.
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS) and panel data; keen ability to pull data to address business questions, identify trends, and understand what the competition is doing
- Must be a strategic thinker, with an eye on big picture research and implications.
- Food and CPG backgrounds are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field a must
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with supplier or client side experience to elevate their career and help build up the category management team for the organization. This role is located in the Dallas area and salary is commensurate with experience. Some relocation assistance available for qualified candidates.