Business Intelligence Analyst - The Teaching Company
The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst will work in the Marketing/Customer Analytics team to design, develop, maintain and continuously enhance BI solutions for the entire Marketing Analytics team. This work involves mining data from multiple sources, working with multiple stakeholders to understand their requirements and coming up with a well thought and articulated project plan to develop BI solutions to meet these requirements.
The position will participate in a wide variety of business intelligence efforts, including the development and support of internal applications. Analyst will be working with a variety of data sources to develop, and implement data and business intelligence applications to enable customers to make data-driven business and mission critical decisions.
Reports to: Manager – Database Analytics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities will include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain marketing analytical databases, procedures, functions and meta data tables and make sure the daily jobs are running and up to date.
- Develop procedures and functions to create ad hoc reports.
- Create mail and email files based on customer segmentation for marketing promotions.
- Develop and maintain SQL Analysis Services cubes and dashboards.
- Work with senior analyst and manager on developing PowerBI/PowerPivot/Tableau data visualizations for the business
- Take lead in continuous improvement of marketing datamart, which includes innovative data capture and reporting (SQL reporting).
- Follow and contribute to software development best practices.
- Use test driven design methods to ensure top quality.
- Debug procedures and functions, as needed.
- Analytical Skills: A major part of the job is to determine what data trends mean. Being able to analyze the data is crucial.
- Communication Skills: Once the data is analyzed analyst must be able communicate their findings to multiple stakeholders.
- Need to look at the data trends and recommend solutions for creating more revenue and reducing loss.
- Be able to work on large projects and many data streams and many deadlines.
- Also, responsible for supporting team and end-users as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting, recommendation solutions and identifying opportunities to solve business problems through BI.
The ideal candidate for the position will have,
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with SQL Server, Analysis Services (SSAS), Integration Services(SSIS).
- 2-3 years of database development experience utilizing TSQL for creating database objects (tables, views, procedures, functions).
- 2-3 years of database design and architecture experience.
- 2-3 years of database optimization techniques (index tuning, advanced query writing).
- 2-3 years of experience in designing and developing SSAS cubes, SSIS packages.
- Full project life cycle experience.
- Ability to design and code from specifications.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once with tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn and quickly adapt to change.
- Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
- Must be a team player, and have excellent communication skills.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/TEA1007/JobBoard/4aca9f4f-904f-264c-a8b7-6bd9afbf7102/?q=&o=postedDateDesc
Based in Chantilly, VA, The Teaching Company produces The Great Courses, an intellectually robust series of educational video and audio courses designed to meet the powerful and rapidly growing consumer demand for personal development and lifelong learning.
The pioneer of the concept of engaging, direct-to-consumer university-level courses, The Teaching Company continues to grow its catalog of more than 600 courses led by the world’s top professors and experts in a broad array of subjects across science, mathematics, philosophy, history, literature, etc.
Through a unique consumer-driven model, The Teaching Company selects professors exclusively for their ability to teach, and carefully crafts courses based on feedback from our customers, in convenient formats such as DVD, audio CD, streaming, and mobile apps that don’t tie the customer to a computer.