Associate Manager, Consumer Insights
Los Angeles Area, CA
Are you a strong consumer insights and research professional who loves the idea of working for an entrepreneurial L.A.-based consumer electronics company? Does the idea of attending industry events such as CES in Las Vegas excite you? If so, we may have the role for you!
Our client, a well-known tech and consumer electronics firm, is seeking to add an Associate Manager of Consumer Insights to their team. This person will be tasked with running a wide variety of custom quantitative and qualitative research initiatives to guide strategy for the company.
Projects will be U.S.-based as well as global, with a mix of methodologies ranging from product and concept work to communication and message testing. The culture of this organization is ideal if you like the ideal of spreading your swings and interacting regularly with senior executives. It’s also a fantastic opportunity for a supplier-side marketing researcher to make the move to the client-side!
Qualified candidates should have:
- 3+ years’ experience in primary custom research with the ability to act as a true consultative partner to internal clients
- Hands-on experience executing custom quantitative and qualitative research projects from start to finish and the ability to manage 3rd party research vendors
- Experience moderating focus groups and in-depth interviews
- Previous experience with and comfort working closely with key internal stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously with little oversight
- Prior supplier-side experience is a must, prior client-side experience an added bonus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain research findings to a non-technical audiences
- A natural curiosity and the drive to understand the “whys” behind the data
- A 4-year college degree; graduate or advanced degree preferred
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%
This role is located in Silicon Beach, West L.A. Salary ranges from $65-$80k. Local candidates preferred.
Keywords: research, primary research, custom research, marketing research, quantitative, consumer insights, focus groups, moderating, project management, consumer electronics, technology