Artificial Intelligence Engineer - Sprint
Overland Park, KS
Sprint is looking for an Artificial Intelligence (AI) Software Engineer / Architect. Bring your Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning expertise to Sprint and be a pioneer in developing the future of Mobile Communications. As part of the AI team you will be a key member in proposing and developing the AI solutions within Sprint. In this role you will have a focus on architecting, developing, planning and implementing cognitive AI solutions within the Digital portfolio and across the Enterprise.
Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Makes decisions on complex or ambiguous architecture issues. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team. Acts as a resource for direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff. Monitors project schedules and costs.
The position requires a deep understanding of Cognitive technologies (Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Processing, Machine/Deep Learning, dialog integration) with hands on experience in developing solutions for large organizations at an enterprise level.
What we’re looking for:
We’re seeking individuals who possess experience with:
- Artificial Intelligence implementation in an Omni Channel Digital environment
- Developing strategies on AI trends and technologies through ideation, incubation, piloting/prototyping resulting in mature assets
- Translating functional requirements into solution architecture artifacts
- Reviewing Application and technology architecture deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and requirement traceability
- Estimating and defining Technical Architectures for large complex solutions that are deployed in enterprise-grade production environments.
- Formulating innovative solutions to Operational requirements through thought leadership
- Ideally having been a Technical Mentor on IBM Watson for Watson delivery.
- At least 2 years of experience developing solutions and architectures involving cognitive and/or advanced analytics, natural language processing and unstructured content/data analytics
- At least 2-3 years of experience in designing/architecting and overseeing implementation of business solutions using cognitive technology
- Experience in AI programming using Google API.AI, IBM Watson APIs, Amazon Alexa (AWS), Nuance and/or other open source AI technologies
- Strong background in mathematics and/or statistics and experience with building complex classification models.
- Experience in Mulesoft, Java
- Service integration experience (REST, JSON, SOAP Web Services)
- Experience in using JIRA, following Agile methodologies preferred
- Experience in code versioning using GitHub, deployment management using Jenkis is highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in programming in Object Oriented languages like C++, Java, .NET
Required Professional Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in Retail/Financials/Banking/Insurance OR Telco is a must
- Responsibility of full life cycle management of solution architectures
- Deep understanding of one or more business process such as call center operations, retail, payment/collections or fraud
- Hands on experience working in DevOps teams in the IBM Bluemix or equivalent cloud based platform
- Experience with on prem to cloud migrations or IT Transformations
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Five years technical experience specializing in architectural issues
- Five years experience with project management and project implementation
While most Sprint employees are on the front lines in our retail and call centers, there is a force of corporate employees who keep the company charging ahead. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Behind each of these technologies is a corporate force made up of Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Government Affairs, Strategy, Network and IT.
This is a fiercely competitive industry, and Sprint employees all share a common job description: Beat our competitors by providing unrivaled service and value to our customers. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE. Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
To submit your application please follow this link to Sprint’s career page: http://adtrk.tw/Qla8